Instructions: Answer Questions #1, #2, #3, and #4. All of these questions can be answered in a fully satisfactory manner by using only the material presented in the course (readings, lectures and Powerpoint presentations). Each answer is worth 5% of the course grade (15% total). Indicate clearly which questions you are answering and please submit your answers single-spaced in Word document no later than 11:59pm on Wednesday, April 29, 2020. You do not need to cite any of the lectures, Powerpoints or readings.
– Page limit: Answer each question in 1-2 pages single spaced.
– All Answers are attached. Just organize the answers and make sure that you address every single part of the question. full answers are needed.
1. Suppose that you attend a roundtable discussion of Heath Fogg Davis’ book, Beyond Trans. In addition to Fogg Davis himself, the other two roundtable participants describe themselves as “a conservative” and “a liberal”. Analyze two of the three principal cases that Fogg Davis presents in his book Beyond Trans— the use of sex markers in government issued identification documents (such as transit passes), admissions policies at women’s only colleges, and the use of public restrooms. Analyze these cases in terms of the issue or problem that they present and the solutions that have been offered. Be sure to talk about why Fogg Davis thinks that his solutions to these issues are superior. Specifically, address these questions:
a. First, what was the specific issue about in each case? What was the source of the problem? What broader or more fundamental problem or issue did these specific issues illustrate?
b. Second, contrast the approaches to resolving these issues that the conservative and liberal participants would offer as well as Fogg Davis’ own approach. How would each of these three approaches address these issues? What general principle(s) would guide them and what specific policy options would they recommend for dealing with the issues?
2. Are LGBTQ American voters similar to or different from non-LGBTQ American voters or voters in general? In what ways are the two groups similar or different? How do we know that identifying as LGBTQ by itself appears to have some impact on policy preferences and vote choice? Finally, how can we explain the distinctive nature of LGBTQ voters as a voting bloc?
3. Suppose that you are a member of the Human Rights Campaign’s (HRC) staff and your assignment is to recruit and advise openly LBTQ candidates for office. Since running for office requires a considerable sacrifice of their personal time, effort and maybe even money, as well as publicly acknowledging their sexuality, your first task is to convince these prospective LGBTQ candidates why it is important that openly LGBTQ individuals run for office and serve as elected officials. Next, you need to decide in which kinds of races and which kinds of candidates the HRC should spend its limited resources (money, time, campaign expertise, etc.) recruiting candidates. Based upon what we know about the experience of other openly LGBTQ candidates and American electoral politics, what should you tell candidates about where and how to run to maximize their chances for success? The candidates are particularly concerned about the possibility of anti-LGBTQ bias possibly reducing their chances of victory. What can you tell them about that issue in particular?
4. In looking at the struggle for LGBTQ rights across the globe, it is clear that what separates countries where LGBTQ people enjoy freedom, rights and equality is whether nations are highly developed economically and whether they have democratic political systems. Economic development and democracy are all that seem to matter when it comes to whether LGBTQ people enjoy freedom, equal treatment and acceptance. Evaluate this argument for understanding differences among and between nations in their treatment of the LGBTQ population.
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Over the years, our Written Assignments has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keeps up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention to deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Written Assignments, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Written Assignments has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing paper services provider. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Written Assignments, we prioritize all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Be assured that you’ll get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure your paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as many details as possible in the place order section.