Welcoming Children and Families: A Family Resource Guide
[WLO: 2] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4]
One of the keys to a successful early learning environment is building a strong foundation with children and families. For your Final Project, you will have the opportunity to create an informational packet aimed at helping children and families make a smooth transition into your early learning environment.
To prepare for this assignment,
· Refer to the Week 5 Guidance for further tips and examples that will support your success on this assignment
· Review and download the Week 5 Exemplar Template
· Read the required and recommended resources for this week.
o Remember that any applicable resource used throughout this course can support the requirement for four scholarly resources for this assignment.
· If you did not begin the development of your ePortfolio in ECE 101, read Portfolium Student Guide to help you set up your ePortfolio.
· Choose from one of the following age ranges:
o Infancy: Birth – 12 months
o Toddler: 1 – 3 years
o Early childhood: 4 years – 8 years
Scenario: You are in the process of preparing your learning environment for a new set of children. To help families and children have a successful transition into your classroom, you have decided to put together a resource guide to give to families. This guide will serve as a resource that your families will use throughout the year to help them have a better understanding of who you are as a professional, how you will create a positive learning environment, the resources they have available to them, and why you believe a strong home-school connection is important.
Based on your chosen age range, include the following in your Family Resource Guide:
Section 1: Personal Introduction
· Complete a short personal bio that includes the following:
o Provide your name, location, and something about yourself that your families would find interesting
o Describe why you chose to become an early childhood professional and what you love about working with children in this age range (be sure you are specific about the age range).
o Explain what you believe are the most important indicators of professionalism that you possess.
Review your Planning for the Future discussion post that you finished earlier this week post to help you complete this section.
Section 2: Importance of Early Learning
· Explain the important role that high quality care can have on a child’s overall growth and development.
· Identify two key theories of child development (e.g., Gardner, Vygotsky, Piaget, Skinner, Bronfenbrenner, etc.) that resonate with you as an early childhood professional.
o Describe each theory and its connection to Developmentally Appropriate Practice within the classroom.
Review your Developmental Theory: Your Toolbox discussion post from Week 2 to help you complete this section
· Discuss at least one way in which you differentiate learning experiences based on typical development, atypical development, and culture.
Review your Typical or Atypical Development? discussion post from Week 1 to help you complete this section.
Section 3: Environment
· Include a picture of the layout of your ideal classroom. Describe how your room design reflects the way you believe children learn best.
· Using the description from your Developmentally Apprpriate Practice: The Key discussion in Week 2, create a classroom layout using the Classroom Architect (Links to an external site.) or to the Gliffy (Links to an external site.)
· (Links to an external site.)Explain how your learning environment (for your chosen age range) nurtures the development of every child in each of the domains listed below.
· Describe the specific classroom practices or strategies that reflect your philosophy of how to support young children’s cognitive development.
· Describe at least one of the ways you support the development of children’s positive self-concept and growing social/emotional skills.
· Reflect on your philosophy of guiding young children’s positive behaviors. How do you constructively deal with young children’s challenging behaviors?
· Describe ways to promote the communication/language development among all children including dual language learners.
· Describe your specific classroom practices or strategies that reflect your philosophy of how to support young children’s physical development.
Section 4: Families
· Describe the important role that families have on the overall growth and development of children and why you value them in your classroom.
o Review your Conversations With Families discussion post from Week 4, to help you complete this section
· Describe ways in which you ensure that families are kept aware of what’s happening in their child’s daily/weekly life in your classroom.
o Review your Family Interest discussion post from Week 4 to help you complete this section.
· Explain how you ensure that you are aware of what’s happening in each child’s home life. Tell how that awareness directs your teaching practices.
· Complete a resource page for families that includes the following resources in your local area:
o The name and contact information (phone number, web site, etc.) of a local agency that provides family counseling.
o The name and contact information (phone number, web site, etc.) of a translation service for families whose home language is other than English.
o The names, contact information, and brief descriptions of at least two agencies in the community that provide resources and services for children with disabilities.
o A list of three or more websites, and brief descriptions of each, that provides current information to help families understand how young children develop and learn.
· You can use readings or resources presented throughout this class, or new ones you feel are appropriate.
Assignment Submission Requirements
· This assignment will be submitted to Waypoint, as well as added to your ePortfolio. Refer to the instructions below to submit your assignment.
· Additionally, you will submit this Final Project to your ePortfolium.
o As you know, maintaining an ePortfolio can be beneficial when seeking employment. It is not uncommon for potential employers to want to see examples of your work and abilities. Additionally, for those of you who seek to continue on after Ashford and obtain your Child Development Associate (CDA), portions of this final assignment can be used to meet the Council for Professional Recognition’s portfolio requirements. To add this assignment to your ePortfolio, access Portfolium using the link along the left navigation menu, and add the document to your body of work.
For this assignment, you must submit
· A link to your electronic portfolio in Portfolium. To do this you will copy and paste the web address into the comments feature in Waypoint.
· A Word document including your completed assignment, as well as the link to your ePortfolio.
o Click on the Assignment Submission button. The Waypoint “Student Dashboard” will appear.
o Browse for your assignment.
o Click Upload.
o Confirm that your assignment was successfully submitted by viewing the appropriate week’s assignment tab in Waypoint, or clicking on Check Assignment Status within the Meet Your Instructor unit in the left navigation panel.
The Welcoming Children and Families: A Family Resource Guide project
· Must be six to eight double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
· Must use at least four scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
o To assist you in completing the library research required for this assignment, view this Help! Need Article. (Links to an external site.)tutorial, which can help you find a good starting place for your research.
o The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
· Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.)resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Wadlington, E., & Wadlington, P. (2012). Teacher dispositions: Implications for teacher education. Childhood Education, 87(5) p. 323-326. doi: 10.1080/00094056.2011.10523206
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Over the years, our Written Assignments has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keeps up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention to deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Written Assignments, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Written Assignments has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing paper services provider. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Written Assignments, we prioritize all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Be assured that you’ll get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure your paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as many details as possible in the place order section.